Elf Hat Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog (do not use canned), chilled
- Oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker® green decorating cookie icing
- 2 containers (2.25 oz each) Betty Crocker® green sanding sugar
- 24 sugar-style ice cream cones with pointed ends
- 1 can (8.4 oz) Betty Crocker® rose red cupcake icing
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 8 yellow fruit chews
- 12 pink fruit chews
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, eggnog, oil and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
- 3 Squeeze green cookie icing into bowl. Place sanding sugar on plate. Cover each ice cream cone with thin layer of cookie icing using frosting spatula. Roll cones in sanding sugar to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4 Place flat ribbon applicator tip on extruder of red cupcake icing. Pipe line of red icing around bottom edge (non-pointed end) of each cone.
- 5 Cover each cupcake with small amount of fluffy white frosting. Dip frosted cupcakes in sanding sugar. Top each cupcake with 1 sugar cone.
- 6 Cut each yellow fruit chew into 3 pieces; knead each until soft. Roll pieces into balls; gently press 1 ball onto tip of each sugar cone.
- 7 Cut each pink fruit chew into 2 pieces; mold each into square. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Flatten each triangle slightly; place 1 on either side of hats to create “elf ears.” Store cupcakes loosely covered.
- Some cupcake paper baking cups will become greasy or discolored during baking. Use Betty Crocker® No-Fade cupcake liners in holiday prints for a beautiful end result.
- Place two fingers inside the sugar cones while frosting. This makes them easier to cover in frosting without getting your hands messy.
- Use care when pressing the yellow fruit chews onto the points of the sugar cones. The sugar cones can break under pressure.