Emeril's Rigatoni with Broccoli and Sausage
Write a review
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- Parmesan, grated, for serving
- STEP 1
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. In last 2 minutes of cooking, add broccoli and cook until bright green and crisp-tender. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and broccoli.
- STEP 2
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- STEP 3
- Add sausage to pot and cook over medium-high, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, return pasta and broccoli to pot, and add oil mixture. Toss well to combine, adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.