Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Frosting and Garnish
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped milk chocolate frosting
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2Make batter as directed on box; gently stir in 1 tablespoon espresso powder just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake and cool as directed on box for cupcakes.
- 3In medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, milk, 2 teaspoons espresso powder and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon mixture into decorating bag fitted with 1/4-inch (#9) writing tip.
- 4To fill each cupcake, insert tip of bag into center of cooled cupcake; gently squeeze bag until cupcake expands slightly but does not burst (each cupcake should be filled with about 1 tablespoon filling).
- 5Stir 1 teaspoon espresso powder into the frosting. Spoon frosting mixture into decorating bag fitted with 3/4-inch (#824) star tip. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Garnish with espresso beans. Store covered in refrigerator.