Fettuccine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese
Write a review
- Kosher salt
- 1 large yellow tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow squash, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (about 1 small bunch)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 4 ounces wax beans (about 2 cups), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss the tomato, squash, chives, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt. Sprinkle in half of the goat cheese.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as the label directs, adding the wax beans to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and beans and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Drizzle with the reserved cooking water and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until the goat cheese begins to melt. Add the parmesan and toss. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining goat cheese.