Flower Cupcake in a Cone
Write a review
- 1 box of cake mix, any flavor
- Flat-bottomed ice-cream cones
- White frosting
- Large gumdrop disks, such as Sunkist Gourmet Fruit Gems (one 14-ounce bag can decorate 5 cupcakes)
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the box. Fill the narrow bottom of each ice-cream cone with the batter. Set the cones on a baking sheet and transfer them to the oven, being careful not to tip them over.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let them cool, then frost the tops.
- Flower Cupcake in a Cone Recipe - Step 3
- To make each candy flower, cut 6 wedges from the edges of a gumdrop disk and cut a green gumdrop disk into slices for leaves. Press the wedges into the middle of the cut flowers for flower centers, then arrange the candies on top of the frosted cupcakes. One box of cake mix yields 34 cupcakes (or make fewer and use the remaining batter for a small cake).