Football Pull Apart Cupcakes
Write a review
- 2 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) Betty Crocker® white decorating icing
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually beat in sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time. Beat 2 minutes longer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- 3Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes with 1 container of frosting. On platter, arrange cupcakes in football shape. Using second container of frosting, pipe thick lines of frosting over football shape; spread to cover. Spoon remaining frosting into decorating bag; pipe border around edge of football. Sprinkle with candies. Pipe laces with white icing.