French Onion Garlic Bread Recipe
Write a review
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Daily Chef 100% Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add the broth, 1 garlic clove and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and remaining garlic; stir until creamy. Spread over bread slices. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; top with onion mixture and Gruyere cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.