Fried Crescent Mummy Dogs
Write a review
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 10 hot dogs
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Ketchup and mustard, if desired
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each dough rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 strips.
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face."
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Fry mummy dogs in hot oil, 2 at a time, 1 1/2 minutes, turning occasionally or until dough is completely cooked through and deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Use ketchup to make "blood" on mummy dogs. Serve with additional ketchup and mustard.