Frozen Fruit Tart
Write a review
- 8 (5'' by 2 1/2'' each) graham crakers
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole natural almonds
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) light vanilla ice cream, such as slow or double-churned
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mango or passion fruit sorbet
- 3 ripe nectarines, each pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 ripe plums, each pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup(s) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare crust: In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form. Add whole almonds and sugar; pulse until almonds are finely chopped. In cup, mix canola oil, honey, and water; drizzle over crumb mixture. Pulse until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9" round tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake crust 8 to 10 minutes or until set and lightly browned at edges. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Remove ice cream and sorbet from freezer; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Spoon ice cream and sorbet alternately into tart shell, pressing with back of spoon to smooth; cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove side of pan and place tart on round platter. Arrange circle of nectarine wedges 1 inch from edge of tart, then circle of plum wedges inside nectarines. Mound raspberries in center of tart. Serve immediately.