Frozen-Inspired Olaf Cupcakes
Write a review
- Cupcakes: 12 cupcakes, baked and cooled (your favorite mix or homemade)
- Buttercream Frosting (ingredients below)
- Orange pliable candy, such as taffy, cut into 12 narrow triangle "noses"
- 24 Candy eyes or mini chocolate chips for eyes
- 6 small, rectangular pieces of chewing gum, cut in half horizontally
- Several strands of black licorice, cut into "hair"
- Frosting: 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Black food coloring
- Prepare Frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, heavy cream and vanilla on medium low speed until smooth and combined. Decrease mixer speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar, beating until just mixed. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute, until light and fluffy. Set aside a few spoonfuls of frosting and color them with black food coloring. Fill a piping bag fitting with a jumbo round piping tip, or a reasealable sandwich bag with corner snipped off with the white frosting. Fill another piping bag fitted with a SMALL round piping tip (a #1 or #2) or a resealable sandwich bag with a TINY bit of a corner snipped off with the black frosting.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting on each cupcake.
- Add candy eyes and nose.
- Insert licorice "hair" and draw on eye brows and a huge grin, using the black frosting. Insert half a piece of gum into the mouth for teeth.