Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie
Write a review
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (4-serving-size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in ice cubes until melted. Add fruit cocktail and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set, before serving.