Fruity White Sangria Pops
Write a review
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine or white grape juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 small mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup ginger ale or lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and the water. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add wine. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Add strawberries and mango; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain, reserving fruit and cooking liquid; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine drained cooked fruit, kiwifruits, and grapes. Divide fruit among 12 frozen pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups, filling each about half full. In a 4-cup measure or small pitcher combine 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid, the ginger ale, and lime juice. Discard the remaining cooking liquid. Pour ginger ale mixture over fruit in cups. Add pop mold sticks or cover each paper cup with a piece of foil. If using paper cups, use a small sharp knife to make a slit in the center of each piece of foil; insert a wooden crafts stick into each slit. If using paper cups, arrange cups in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Freeze molds or cups for 6 to 24 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pops stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes; remove molds or paper cups.