Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart frying oil
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs and milk until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla extract and half of flour mixture. Whisk until lump free.
- Gradually add remaining flour mixture while whisking well to ensure no lumps will form.
- Heat oil in 8 or 9-inch skillet or pan to 370°-375°F.
- Fill funnel with batter. (Batter can also be filled in pastry bag fitted with a medium pastry tip or poured in large ketchup bottle or ziploc bag with bottom tip cut off.)
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter in circular motion into oil. Once golden turn over with tongs or spatula. When other side is golden remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle generously with sifted powdered sugar and serve.