German Omelette With Bacon
Write a review
- 4 slices of bacon - cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 or 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a generous dash of grated nutmeg
- black pepper - to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter - for frying
- This recipe makes 2 thin omelettes.
- Put the flour in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs, one at a time. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and a little nutmeg. Add the crumbled bacon and chopped chives and mix well.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture. When slightly browned on the bottom, flip the omelette and brown the other side. (You may want to slide the omelet onto a plate and invert it back into the pan if it feels like a spatula will tear the omelette.) Slide the cooked omelet onto a plate and make a second omelette with the remaining egg mixture.
- Roll each omelette into a cigar shape. If hot to the touch, use a paper towel to help with rolling. If desired, slice the omelettes into sections.
- Serve warm.