Ginger Cake with Caramel-Apple Topping
Write a review
- 2 cups Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy harvest peach or creamy vanilla yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 1/2 cup caramel fat-free topping
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- Lemon juice
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch square pan. In medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the yogurt and the caramel topping; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 2In large bowl, beat remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and all remaining ingredients except apple and lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed 45 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Stir in half of the chopped apple. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over remaining apple; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 3Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve with topping mixture and remaining chopped apple.