Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade or store bought cheesecake filling
- 2 cans Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Gingerbread Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
- Crush gingersnap cookies into crumbs (using a food processor or a rolling pin) until you have 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, butter and salt and mix with a fork until combined.
- By rounded teaspoons spoon the gingersnap mixture into the cupcake liners. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten and pack the crumbs.
- Bake gingersnap crusts for 5-7 minutes until golden. Let cool.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, on top of crust, filling the liners no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then turn out of pans to finish cooling.
- Cut a cone-shaped piece from middle of cupcake. Do not cut through gingersnap layer.
- Put cheesecake filling in a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off and squeeze filling into hollow of cupcake.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Gingerbread Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- 12. Frost cupcakes with the Gingerbread frosting you just created.