Golden Glow Candy Wreath
Write a review
- 1 coat hanger
- Wire cutters
- Cloth tape (duct tape)
- Embroidery floss or thin all-purpose string, about 3 1/2 yards
- 2 pounds butterscotch or gold-foil wrapped hard candies
- String of small battery-powered lights
- Gold ribbon, if desired
- Gold pearl beads or charms, if desired
- 1Snip coat hanger at base of hook, using wire cutters, leaving approximately 3 feet of wire. Shape wire into 8-inch circle, twisting ends of wire back around circle. Secure ends to circle with tape.
- 2Tie a 6-inch piece of floss to wire circle. Place ends of 3 candy wrappers on wire; tie knot in floss to secure candies to circle. Continue in this manner, arranging candy to the inside and outside of the circle.
- 3Weave string of lights in wreath to create a glowing golden halo of candy. Decorate wreath with gold ribbon and beads.