Greek Potato Salad
Write a review
- 2 lb unpeeled new potatoes
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into eighths
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup whole kalamata or ripe olives
- 1 package (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese (1 cup)
- Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 If potatoes are large, cut in half. In 3-quart saucepan, place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water (water should not touch bottom of basket). Place potatoes in steamer basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Steam 18 to 22 minutes or until tender; cool to room temperature.
- 2 In large glass or plastic bowl, beat all Lemon Dressing ingredients with wire whisk until blended; set aside.
- 3 Add potatoes and remaining salad ingredients except cheese to dressing; toss. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.