Homemade Idaho® Potato Tots
Write a review
- 2 large Idaho® Russet Potatoes, washed thoroughly
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 6 parsley sprigs, picked and roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, green part only, chopped
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place potatoes on baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. (Potatoes should still be firm to the touch.) Allow to cool slightly before peeling with a paring knife.
- Using either the shredder attachment on a food processor or a hand grater, shred the potatoes and shallots.
- Add remaining ingredients to the potatoes and mix well. (Mixture should still be warm and sticky.) Using your hands, roll mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on a baking sheet. (Wetting your hands occasionally will help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.)
- In a deep skillet, heat ½ inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat; carefully place potato balls in the heated oil. Turn potatoes occasionally as they cook, until they are golden.
- Season lightly with an additional pinch of sea salt and serve. Enjoy!