HOT AND SMOKY BAKED BEANS
Write a review
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups purchased barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup dark beer
- 1/4 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 to 6 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
- 6 15- to 16-ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Transfer 2 1/2 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet to large bowl. Finely chop bacon; add to bowl. Add onion and next 7 ingredients to bowl and whisk to blend. Whisk in 4 to 6 teaspoons chipotle chilies, depending on spiciness desired. Stir in beans. Transfer bean mixture to 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Bake uncovered until liquid bubbles and thickens slightly, about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.