Instant Beef Tenderloin Stew
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes, rinsed ( 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup small white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh baby green pea ( or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, fat trimmed ( cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in a large nonstick skillet- Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft when pierced and lightly browned.
- Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute until fragrant- Cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot and foaming.
- Sprinkle meat with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper; add to skilet and cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning meat until browned on all sides.
- Add to vegetables; stir to mix- Transfer to a platter.