Italian Sausage Lasagna
Write a review
- 3/4 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (15 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Into cooker, spoon 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with 4 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Top with half of the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with 4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 4 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover; let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut lasagna into pieces.