Jack-o'-Lantern Cake Recipe
Write a review
- 2 packages spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 ice cream cake cone (about 3 inches tall)
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) Pillsbury Happy Birthday Funfetti Orange All Star Vanilla frosting
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (24 ounces) ready-to-use rolled black fondant
- Prepare and bake cakes according to package directions, using two 12-cup fluted tube pans. Cool.
- Cut thin slice off bottom of each cake. Spread one cake bottom with frosting; press flat sides together to form a pumpkin shape.
- Place a ball of foil in the center of the cake to support the "stem". Top with an ice cream cone. Frost cake with frosting.
- To decorate face: Roll out fondant to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into desired shapes for mouth and nose. Remove tops from two Oreo cookies; cut out half circles in filling for eyes. Press cookies and fondant onto cake to make the face. Yield: 12-16 servings.