Jack-o'-Lantern Orange-Pumpkin Pie
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 drops orange gel food color
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- Cover crust edge with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into crust-lined pie plate. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake about 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean; remove foil. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Spread over warm pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove foil from crust. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place drizzle ingredients; seal bag. Microwave on Medium (50%) about 10 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until mixture is smooth. If necessary, continue to microwave at 10-second intervals. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag over top of pie to draw a jack-o'-lantern face. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.