Jelly Bean Chicks
Write a review
- 6 orange pipe cleaners or chenille stems (about 9 inch)
- 24 squares yellow nylon netting, 8 inch (about 1 yard total)
- 1 1/2 cups jelly beans (assorted colors)
- Tacky craft glue or low-temperature hot glue
- 12 plastic googly eyes (about 10-mm size)
- Craft feathers, if desired
- Cut each pipe cleaner with scissors into 1 (4-inch), 2 (1 1/2-inch) and 2 (1-inch) pieces.
- For each jelly bean chick, stack 4 of the netting squares. Pour 1/4 cup jelly beans onto center of netting. Pull corners of netting up over jelly beans to form bundle (this will form body of chick). Use 4-inch pipe cleaner piece as twist tie to tightly secure top, twisting ends to form beak.
- To form legs with feet, twist 1-inch pipe cleaner piece around each 1 1/2-inch pipe cleaner piece, 1/2 inch from end, to form foot with 3 toes. Insert opposite ends of 1 1/2-inch pipe cleaner pieces into hole of netting on bottom of chick's body (see photo).
- Trim top ends of netting with scissors into rounded shape to form head of chick. With glue, attach googly eyes to netting above beak.