Jelly-Filled Doughnut Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raspberry jelly, strawberry jelly, cherry jelly, lemon curd, and/or orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line eighteen 2-1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups or waxed paper. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spoon jelly, lemon curd, and/or marmalade into pastry bag(s) fitted with small round tip(s). Insert tip into the top of each cupcake and squeeze some of the jelly inside cupcake until some is visible on top. Sift powdered sugar over tops of cupcakes. Makes 18 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.