KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES TREATS® FOURTH OF JULY CUT-OUTS
Write a review
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 Package (10 Oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - or -
- 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies®
- - or -
- 6 Cups Ready-to-eat Cereal Cocoa Krispies™
- Assorted Sprinkles
- 12 Wooden Ice Cream Sticks, optional
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. While warm decorate with alternating rows of red, white and blue sprinkles. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into star shapes. Insert wooden stick into each, if desired. Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.