Kiwi Lime Pie
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 kiwis, peeled, cut into thin slices
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Place the flax and water in a small bowl and stir with a teaspoon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the graham crackers and oats into fine crumbs. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Using a clean coffee grinder, grind the pumpkin seeds. Add to the graham cracker mixture. Add the flax mixture and stir until a coarse meal forms. Press into the bottom and up the sides of an 8 x 8-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, place the condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime zest and juice. Whisk well, until a thick, creamlike mixture forms. Pour over the unbaked graham crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are firm but the center still jiggles when you shake the pan. Remove from the oven and let cool 30 minutes. Decorate with kiwi slices. When the pie is fairly cool, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, before serving.