Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
Write a review
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a standard bundt cake or pound cake pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture in stand mixer, alternating with yogurt. Beat on low speed after each addition until just combined. Carefully fold in blueberry mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for one hour or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 15 minutes before removing.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour onto cake a little at a time, allowing glaze to set before adding more. Keep refrigerated until serving.