Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 containers (3.5 oz each) lemon pudding (from 4-pack container)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1Heat oven to 300°F. Spray bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan with baking spray with flour. Wrap foil around outside of pan to catch drips. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cake mix; set aside. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, oil, 1 egg and lemon peel with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- 2In same large bowl, beat reserved cake mix, the cream cheese, sugar, pudding and sour cream on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in 3 eggs, one at a time, until mixed. Pour over crust.
- 3Bake 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes or until edges are set but center of cheesecake jiggles slightly when moved. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer.
- 4Remove cheesecake from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Cover loosely; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan before serving. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around outside edge of cheesecake. Store covered in refrigerator.