Write a review
- 1/2 cup lemon drop candies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional powdered sugar
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF. Crush lemon drops in food processor or blender. In large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, the lemon peel and lemon extract with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, 1/4 cup of the crushed lemon drops and the salt.
- 2Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Bake cookies 8 to 9 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; roll in powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes; roll in remaining crushed lemon drops. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes. Reroll in crushed lemon drops if desired.