Little Bunny Cookies
Write a review
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready to Bake! ™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 2 drops red food color
- 2 drops green food color
- 2 drops blue food color
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, crumble cookie dough. Knead in flour and almond extract with hands until well blended. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3 1/2-inch bunny-shaped cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts about 2 inches apart. Reroll and cut additional cookies. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Divide two-thirds of the frosting into 3 separate microwavable bowls; mix red food color into 1 bowl until blended. Microwave frosting uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds or just until pourable. With small spatula, spread smooth layer of frosting on one-third of cookies to within 1/8 inch of edge. Repeat with frosting in remaining bowls and green and blue food colors. Frost remaining cookies. Let stand until set. Spoon remaining vanilla frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe dots all over cookies. Let stand until set.