Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Write a review
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I leave the skin on)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups fiesta Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F (This is NOT a typo, 500F is correct!) .
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the potatoes to a greased baking dish.
- When scooping the potatoes into the baking dish, leave behind any extra olive oil/hot sauce mix.
- Add the diced chicken to the “left behind” olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat all the chicken. Allow to marinate as the potatoes bake.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked add the marinated chicken.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a large bowl mix all the topping ingredients together.
- Top the raw chicken with the topping.
- Bake 15 minutes or until until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly delicious.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.