Low Carb Stuffed Bell Peppers
Write a review
- 4 green peppers (cleaned with seeds and tops removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (small to medium sized minced)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1/4 cup of liquid reserved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning, blend
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion softens.
- Add green onions, minced green pepper and saute for about five minutes.
- Set onion, garlic and green pepper mixture aside.
- Brown ground turkey and cook through.
- Add onion, garlic, and green pepper mixture. Also, add diced tomatoes, parsley, italian seasoning, and season salt/blend.
- Mix well and cook another five minutes.
- Stuff mixture inside hollow green peppers.
- Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Mound each pepper with cheeses.
- Cook in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 298.7 Calories from Fat 14649%Total Fat 16.3 g25%Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%Cholesterol 90.6 mg30%Sodium 185.5 mg7%Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g3%Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%Sugars 5.4 g21%Protein 27.8 g55%