Mac and Cheese Topped Hot Dog Recipe
Write a review
- 6 hot dogs, preferably beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hot dog buns
- Prepared mac & cheese, homemade or store-bought
- Cook the hot dogs according to your liking; my favorite way to cook them is on the grill.
- While cooking the hot dogs, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Place the parsley and salt and pepper into the pan and cook until the crumbs turn a light golden brown. Set aside until needed.
- Toast the buns on the grill or in the oven and then place them on a platter or plates. Place a hot dog in each bun and then top with about 1/4 cup of Mac and Cheese. Finish off the hot dogs with a sprinkling of the breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
- An important note: These can be made ahead if you just wrap the completely made hot dogs in foil and place them in the refrigerator. Heat them in the oven before ready to serve!
- 6 Hot Dogs