Magic Cake Balls
Write a review
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1 (7.25 oz.) bottle Smucker's® Magic Shell® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping
- Decorator sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil and eggs. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- CRUMBLE cooled cake into extra-large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until fine crumbs, about 2 minutes. Spoon frosting over cake crumbs. Beat until evenly blended. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- LINE a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with wax paper. Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls or bites. Place on wax paper. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour.
- REMOVE a few cake bites from freezer, keeping the rest frozen. Drop bites into Magic Shell in a small bowl or drizzle tops to coat. Immediately sprinkle with decorator sprinkles and insert stick, if desired. Repeat to coat remaining cake bites. Allow coating to harden. Store in freezer, allowing cake to thaw 5 minutes before serving.
- To prepare 1 dozen cake bites, prepare cake according to above directions, but use only one-fourth of prepared cake. Reserve remaining cake for another use. Use only 3 tablespoons frosting when making cake bites.