Margarita Cake with Tequila Infused Whipped Cream
Write a review
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tequila-Lime Glaze
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Tequila Infused Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon tequila
- Cake Garnish
- Fresh lime zest
- Fresh lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy on medium speed, about 4 minutes. Add baking soda and salt mix additional 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down between each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low and mix in lime zest and lime juice. Add flour and sour cream alternately, mixing well after each addition.
- Place batter in a generously greased 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cake bakes prepare glaze.
- In a small saucepan combine lime juice, tequila and sugar over medium heat whisking until all sugar dissolves.
- Remove cake from oven and while still warm poke holes with a toothpick and slowly drizzle glaze over entire cake. Allow to cool.
For Tequila Whipped Cream
- Put all ingredients in a stand mixer; beat on high until soft peaks forms, about 4 minutes. Evenly spread over entire cooled cake.
- Garnish with lime zest, lime slices and sprinkle with salt.