Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 3/4 cup bottled nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3 egg whites
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional grated lime peel, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only and lightly flour 13x9-inch pan, or spray bottom with baking spray with flour. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Sprinkle evenly on bottom of pan; press gently.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over crust.
- 3Bake 34 to 39 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with whipped topping; sprinkle with additional lime peel. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- You’ll need about 3 1/2 cups small pretzel twists to get the 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels. Cut fat and calories in this cake by using fat-free whipped topping instead of regular whipped topping to frost the cake. Look for the bottled pale green nonalcoholic margarita mix in the soft drink section of the supermarket. It is usually on the shelf with club soda, tonic water and other mixers.