Mexican Brown Rice Salad
Write a review
- 2 ears corn, husked
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and rib removed, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, rotating on all sides, until the corn has some nice charred spots. Let cool and remove corn kernels from the cob.
- Add corn, brown rice, beans, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and green onions to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Fold dressing into the veggies and top with the crumbled cheese and toss.