Mini Flourless Chocolate Cakes
Write a review
- Cocoa powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut up (no substitutes)
- 1/3 cup Kahlua® or coffee liqueur
- 6 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you wish to unmold the cakes, grease nine 6-ounce custard cups. Line bottoms of cups with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper. Dust the inside of the cups with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick. Reduce speed to medium; beat in butter and liqueur until blended. (Batter may look curdled, which is okay.) Beat in 6 ounces melted chocolate and vanilla until well combined. Pour 1/2 cup batter into each cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, just until set.
- Cool cakes on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for ganache, in a small saucepan bring 1/3 cup whipping cream just to boiling. Remove from heat. Add 3 ounces chopped chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve cakes warm in the custard cups or gently unmold, keeping upright. Top with unsweetened whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate ganache, if desired.