Mini Party Quiches
Write a review
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 5 - 7 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 5 - 6 pear or cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced, and/or small herb leaves
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat twenty-four 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. For pastry, in a large bowl stir together flour, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Add oil all at once. Mix until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons of the ice-cold water; stir to combine. Add enough remaining water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until flour is moistened. Gather into a ball, then knead gently just until pastry holds together.
- 2. Divide pastry in 24 portions. Press each portion into a muffin cup. Do not prick pastry in cups. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pastry begins to brown. Remove from oven; set aside. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3. For quiche filling, in a small bowl whisk together egg, milk, and pepper. Stir in the cheese and onion. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 teaspoon filling. Top each quiche with a tomato slice or herb leaves.
- 4. Bake quiches for 20 minutes or until filling is puffed and set. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cups; serve warm. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme.