Mint Candy-Filled Cookies
Write a review
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped unwrapped thin rectangular créme de menthe candies
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 to 2 drops green food color, if desired
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 24 thin rectangular créme de menthe candies, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 3/4 cup chopped candies. Shape teaspoons of dough into balls; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set and edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix frosting ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired spreading consistency. Spread 1 teaspoon frosting on each cooled cookie. Cut each créme de menthe candy in half crosswise; cut each half diagonally into 2 triangles. Garnish each cookie with 2 candy triangles to form a tree.