Minty Ice Cream Pie
Write a review
- 1 (4.67-ounce) package thin chocolate-covered mint candies
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe liqueur (see Options)
- 1/8 teaspoon green food color
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- Reserve 8 candies then chop the remaining candies and place in a large bowl.
- Add ice cream, crème de menthe, and food color; mix well then spoon into pie crust.
- Place reserved candies around edge of ice cream mixture, pressing until candies are halfway into the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours, or until firm. Slice and serve.
- If you’d prefer to make this without the liqueur, you can substitute 1 teaspoon mint extract for the crème de menthe to get the desired minty flavor. And, for extra richness, garnish with whipped cream.