Mocha Truffle Cheesecake
Write a review
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 (8-oz.) containers sour cream
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 44 square milk chocolate truffles with a smooth filling (from three 3.5-oz. pkg.)
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bar
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate as directed on package. Cool 5 minutes or until slightly cooled. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add cooled chocolate; mix well. Add 2 containers sour cream, instant coffee granules, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in 36 of the truffles. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 55 minutes or until edges are set. Turn off oven; let stand in oven with door slightly ajar for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
- Before serving, remove sides of pan. Melt white chocolate baking bar as directed on package. Add about half of the container of sour cream; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining sour cream. Spread over top of cooled cheesecake.
- Cut remaining 8 truffles in half diagonally. Place cut side down around edge of cheesecake.