Mountain Dew Cake with Mountain Dew Glaze
Write a review
- 1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box Lemon Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew (equal to 1 1/2 cups if you're pouring from a bottle of pop)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (325* is correct heat)
- Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt cake pan/tube pan
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with the pudding mix. Add the eggs and oil, then slowly add the Mountain Dew. Mix at medium speed until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for five minutes, then transfer cake to a wire rack.
- While cake is still slightly warm, melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup Mountain Dew to the melted butter. Turn up heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for two minutes and remove from heat.
- Poke holes in cake with a wooden skewer or the tines of a fork, then spoon hot glaze over cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
- For a festive look, sprinkle powdered sugar over cake.