Mud Slide Ice Cream Cake
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or strong coffee
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, egg and milk with spoon or electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Spread batter in pan.
- 2Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until center is set (top may appear dry and cracked). Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3Brush 2 tablespoons liqueur over cake. Let ice cream stand about 15 minutes at room temperature to soften. Spread ice cream over cake. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
- 4In medium bowl, mix frosting and 2 tablespoons liqueur; spread over ice cream. Freeze at least 1 hour. Store covered in freezer.