Nana’s Blueberry Muffins
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 1 ¼ cups sugar until fluffy and pale in color.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk until well incorporated and being careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Scoop batter into the paper lined muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.