Write a review
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) or homemade turkey broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Browning sauce, if desired
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups of the broth, the bouillon granules and pepper over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bouillon granules are dissolved.
- In small bowl, stir remaining 1/2 cup broth and the flour, using wire whisk, until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into broth in saucepan. Heat to boiling. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce if a darker color is desired.