OMG! Crescent Dog Pizza
Write a review
- Cornmeal, if desired
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 package (32 oz) cocktail-sized smoked link sausages (I used the cheese-filled variety)
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of water for egg wash
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Pepperoni or any other toppings, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch pizza pan with cooking spray, or sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Unroll 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated seamless dough sheet, and slice lengthwise into 8 strips. Then slice each strip into 4 widthwise. Now make diagonal slices to form small triangle-shaped pieces of dough. They don't have to be perfect!
- Using 1 package (32 oz) cocktail-sized smoked link sausages, roll up a sausage inside each piece of dough, starting at the widest end, making mini crescent dogs. Refrigerate while you prepare the pizza.
- Unroll another can of crescent dough sheet to fit the pizza pan; trim away edges to fit. Brush edges of pizza crust with egg wash, made with 1 egg beaten with a splash of water.
- Firmly press all of the mini crescent dogs onto the egg-washed edges, all the way around the pizza crust. Brush mini crescent dogs with more of the egg wash.
- Fill center of pizza with 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz) and pepperoni or your other favorite toppings.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until dough is golden and toppings are gooey!