Orange Mousse Pie
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 large oranges, chopped, drained (2 cups)
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free French vanilla yogurt
- Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix gelatin and orange juice; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange peel with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add softened gelatin; blend well. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into orange mixture; gently fold in chopped oranges. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with additional orange peel, if desired. Top each serving with dollop of yogurt. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- One can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained and coarsely chopped, can be substituted for the 2 large oranges.
- If desired, flute in starburst design: Trim dough even with edge of pan. Cut dough vertically at about 1/2-inch intervals, making each cut 1/2 inch long. Fold each square in half diagonally to form a triangle, pressing lightly into dough to seal.